Skip to main content

White Christmas



I had never seen the film, White Christmas, but I am very familiar with Bing Crosby's wildly famous version of the song. I hear it on the radio and in my home and while shopping throughout the holiday season. For some reason I never felt all too compelled to view the film until this year, I made a point to see it. Luckily AMC delivered it right to my television in HD and VistaVISION. The story really tough my heart and while the dance numbers and songs were full of great dancing, tapping and beautiful music, Bing Crosby's voice and blue eyes stole the show.
Bing Crosby as Wallace

The Film begins here during the war, Christmas Eve 1944., with every soldier dreaming of a White Christmas, listening to the somber voice of their talented private, Bob Wallace and saying goodbye to a General Waverly... At the wars end, Wallace and Davis set out in show business together on a two man act and become famous! Through and through they find success and fame but how does a man enjoy that without a 'dame? Under some "angling" they run into these performers...the Haynes' sisters.
                                                                         Haynes' Sisters

Judy Haynes
After a series of farcical dance numbers and misunderstandings they all end up on a train to Vermont, where the sisters are slated to perform.  In search of love for his friend, David convinces Wallace that White Christmas and company of these pretty ladies are good for all of them.
Snow, Snow...snow....snow!
Arriving in Vermont they find only sunshine which is almost putting the ski lodge out of business which happens to be run by their retired Army General from the War, Mr. Waverly..  The boys come up with a scheme to bring their own show to the lodge to bring in people on Christmas Eve to help jump start the ski lodge and bring a lovely Christmas to the General and his failing business.  Wallace and Betty grow fond of each other under the plans of Davis and Judy, who soon fake an engagement to propel the relationship for Wallace and Betty, which only leads to more misunderstandings.  Betty misreads some gossip and thinks Wallace is a bad guy and flees to sing in New York.  All in time, Wallace brings his famous show to the ski lodge....
 Wallace, Davis, Betty


Betty finds out his intentions were true and not about making money or finding more fame but help The General and she comes back to be in the show, with a packed audience.

















                                                                         Army Boys

Wallace got The General's 151st regiment to come out for Christmas Eve and help him feel like a General again even if only for a day.
The General

They salute in a moving number and then they all notice its snowing in which they do a number with the snow coming in

With dancing, singing, laughs and genuineness, this film captures the longing of a White Christmas, 
a holiday filled with people you care about.  This film is definitely going to be added to my Christmas favorites!!

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To be or not to be...different

Uh oh. Here comes another anecdotal and self-aware journal entry blog post. Yup. You guessed it. So, shall we?

via GIPHY
A lot has changed. New year, new President, new ban, new ideas...yet I am still me. New endeavors are in the midst.

I have since decreased most of my medications. And now I'm more me than I have been in 3 years. It's good and bad. I stopped therapy due to not having insurance but plan to go back once I find a new doc on my plan. Starting over....ugh. Not going to be fun.

But here I want to write down my struggle. I struggle to be who I think I need to be and who I am naturally. It's not about being cool or fitting in at this point. I already know I have a lot of "personality." About enough for two or three people. That's either your thing or it's not. Some call it quirky, unique, crazy, lots of different things. I've always had to edit myself in crowds and at work, in school...everywhere. That is why being on the stage was so easy for…

Candwich is back...back again!

The Candwich - Sandwich in a Can
The Candwich - Novelty? Gag Gift? Joke? Lunch? I'd say all of the above. This "sandwich in a can" is definitely silly and weird and I can't tell if it's the best thing in the world or the worst thing in world. Irregardless, I have had the opportunity of working with the Founder, Mark Kirkland, or as some call him the "Earl of Candwich." He is a genuine person and truly wants to give back and help "can" hunger. Mark is no stranger to controversy and has had his fair share of hiccups along the way in building his Candwich-opoly.

A Viral Sensation
Candwich went viral in 2010 when the New York Times broke the story about a rogue investor who ran a Ponzi Scheme and stole upwards of $145 million from creditors who wanted to invest in Mark One Foods Corp, Candwich's parent company. It took a long time to settle with creditors but Mark has successfully regained control of Candwich and wants to bring his sandwich in …

So this is thirty...

So this is thirty. I haven't been writing much because what you probably don't know is that my new job is to write. It's silly and something I fell into and I'd like for this blog and my many, many years of needing to express myself and tell stories to go into me finding this path. Once a storyteller, always a storyteller. I like to believe that this is true. Since I was young, I have had so much to say. More than most can keep up with. With that, I either entertained and wowed you or sent you running for the hills. Either way, I've learned from the cues and have worked to know where I fit in and when not to speak but when to write down. It started with journals, then poems, then songs, then this blog, more songs, and then I stopped. I transitioned from vomiting feelings on the page to thinking more strategically for an audience and thinking about my brand what I wanted to say to people who follow me. I don't know who realllly follows me, but if I w…